This post has been viewed 3713 times
LIST OF IDEAS FOR US TO GIVE OURSELVES AWAY #31DAYSOFBLESSINGS
Email to a Friend
Posted on Tue, Jan 5, 2016
World Deliverance Christian Center
Bishop Thomas Clark, IV – Sr. Pastor
I Give Myself Away! Matthew 25:34 – 46; 1 Peter 5:6, 7
The 2016 theme for World Deliverance Christian Center is:I Give Myself Away!The theme is based on:Matthew 25:34 – 46; 1 Peter 5:6, 7.
Starting Friday, January 1st – Sunday, January 31st, the members of WDCC will provide do 31 Days Of Blessings. Every day in the month of January we will offer random acts of kindness for those outside of our church. As you bless others, post your acts, pics and praise reports on Twitter, the church FB Group page and on your FB page. In each instance, please use:#wdcc31daysofblessings.
Let's flood Twitter and FB with our posts!!!
In an effort to help you bless others, below are some ideas below of wonderful ways in which you can Give Yourself Away during this month (and even throughout the year). Remember, these are to be offered to those who are NOT yet a member of WDCC. It is even better if they are not saved or currently in church!
- Babysit for a few hours so that parents can enjoy a break. Pop some popcorn, bring some books, watch a tv movie and enjoy time with the kids. The parents, kids and you will enjoy it!
- Clean someone’s home.
- Wash someone’s laundry. They may even provide the quarters, but you do the washing, drying and folding.
- Provide transportation so that a senior citizen and/or disabled person can go shopping
- Using the personal shopping list of a senior citizen and/or disabled person, go shoppingfor them.
- Making fruit baskets and give them to a neighbor or co-worker.
- Shovel the snow for a neighbor
- Provide tutoring for a fellow student or at the local school.
- Help unload a shopping cart for someone when you are at the store.
- Clean the snow off someone’s car.
- Take them to their appointments
- Provide transportation so that a senior and/or disabled person can run errands.
- Read stories to children at the hospital. Check with the hospital first to obtain the necessary authorization.
- Volunteer to help feed, clean up, etc., with a non-profit organization, e.g. Shelter, nursing home, etc.
- Visit a local nursing home and spend an hour talking with the patients. The church already has a relationship with Berkeley Nursing Home in Oak Park
A few things to remember:
- Everything we do is for non-members. Yes, we can be blessing to WDCC, but the#wdcc31daysofblessings. Is for non-members. Preferably, those who are not saved or in church at all.
- There is not charge for the service we offer. We are not giving ourselves away if we accept compensation.
- You may elect to repeat one of the acts above more than once.
- You may elect to provide as many of the acts above as possible.
- As you help others, do not be surprised if someone asks you about God and your church!
- As you help others, watch God provide opportunities to bless people you did not already know
- As you help others, do not be surprised if God sends others from outside of WDCC to bless you!
- You may think of other ways to be a blessing! Please share them as you use the hashtag #wdcc31daysofblessings. We want to see how you have given yourself away to others.
No messages have been posted.
You must first create an account to post.